• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Injection site reaction? And weird pressure in cheeks

C

Cali123

I had a permanent crown (#3) seated with temporary cement on Monday. They administered LA for the procedure. Once the anesthesia wore off, I could tell that my gum was painful and swollen where the needle went in. This usually happens and I'm fine within 24 hours. Now, 3 days later, the area is still swollen and painful. I looked at it with a light and mirror to discover that I now have about 4-5 canker sores where the injection was administered. I'm still in pain from the procedure too. The pressure will start in my cheek beside my nose, then burn/tingle a bit, and then the pressure will follow my cheekbone and upper teeth. When I take ibuprofen, the pain goes away within 20-30 minutes but it returns about 10-12 hours later. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this common? Any suggestions to calm this anxious girl's nerves?

A brief update. I visited an endodontist this afternoon and he performed the tests and took an x-ray of my bothersome tooth. The tooth tested "normally" and doesn't need a root canal at this point. However, I'm still in pain. Right now my pain is centered in my jaw joints on both sides. I'm also having the pressure/pain feeling around my cheekbone. I took more ibuprofen and it doesn't seem to be getting worse.

I'm still at a complete loss. :unsure: I would appreciate any additional thoughts or opinions.

Hello,
Maybe the dentist just aggravated a nerve...It should feel better soon if that is the case..Or maybe the canker sores are just radiating pain..The pain in your jaw joints could be from holding your mouth open while the dentist worked on your teeth??? Just some ideas...:confused:I hope everything improves soon.

Back