• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Is GA absolutely necessary for wisdom teeth removal?

  • Thread starter Thread starter fireandice1000
  • Start date Start date
F

fireandice1000

Member
Joined
May 10, 2012
Messages
28
I ask this since I got a quote from the local oral surgery clinic here and they want about $525 to put me under general anesthesia while they would remove all four wisdom teeth (all of them are visible and I'm assuming that they're erupted). They claim that they have no NO2 gas in their clinic at all and I found that to be odd. I am asking this question to Dental Fear because:

1. I really don't want to pay for something I really don't need.

2. I get really nervous about going under GA.

What do you all think?
 
No. You can get it done with local anesthesia alone.
 
Back
Top