• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Is this an abscess? :( what should I do?

D

Daydreamer92

Hi I’m sorry I’m advance but this little pea sized ball has been in the roof of my mouth (Above my finger) for nearly two weeks now it used to be bigger then it popped and drained and this is what was left even though it’s smaller I felt like it was filling up with pus again (sorry) and then I looked today and seen like a white head so I went ahead and popped it until all the stuff was gone and now it’s just a hard and sore lump it’s not bothering me apart from the fact I know it’s there and potentially increasing my chances of getting endocarditis from the risk of infection getting into the bloodstream (or is this me thinking irrationally?! Please tell me!) I’m in the uk so I don’t know if it would be a doctor or dentist I need to see I don’t tolerate antibiotics well and I don’t want to be sedated period. Please please please advise, last dentist I seen was a horrible experience she refused to look in my mouth and said how can you expect me to look at this - come back when you’ve actually cleaned your teeth because I’m not here to look at the food you’ve eaten in the past and that’s all I’m seeing right now - I had cleaned my teeth so that wasn’t fair she said it to my young children too and that was just one problem with that place, anyway, I have atleast 5 other teeth that are giving me trouble and 3 are wisdom Teeth. Please can someone advise me

Attachments

• 8543EA28-D535-4EBB-99DC-FF56737DC498.jpeg
    8543EA28-D535-4EBB-99DC-FF56737DC498.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 24
Hi Daydreamer92,

your last dentist sounds like a nightmare and a very rude person, I‘m sorry you had this experience.. sadly, this is a case for a dentist, so I hope you will be able to find a nice one this time. We have a recommendation section here if it helps.

Here also a link that may give you some reassurance when it comes to endocarditis from an abscess (the short answer is: no)

All the best wishes

Daydreamer92,

aghh.. soo sorry about that last dentist too, I completely agree with Enarete that she was a very rude person and nightmere ! Such a comment is so unprofessional and unkind. even if you had a full meal and toffee caked on your tooth, it would still be so rude.. and to your kids :( :(... that is awful. very very sorry..

There are so many kind compassionate dentists who would not treat you like this and be kind to you and your kids.. I hope you will find a kind one soon!

Back