• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

is this normal for a cracked filling?

B

baileybailey

hi, i had my back lower tooth extracted on tuesday and after it was out he said the extraction slightly cracked my filling in the next tooth so he just 'added' some more filling on top of it and smoothed it over is this normal? i thought the filling should be replaced properly not just covered up, i have a fear of fillings as one dentist about 14 years ago filled a wisdom tooth and he drilled to far to the nerve and he knew he had and at 2am it felt like my tooth exploded and i nearly drove off a bridge as i have never felt pain like it, anything else at the dentist does not bother me, but anything to do with fillings fill me with fear. im just really worried.

thanks

Not a dentist, but I feel like that's not acceptable. Try to see if you can get a second opinion. I had a cracked filling fully replaced. Maybe your dentist was trying to save money\time which is not appropriate.

Back