• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Issues after Emergency Surgical Extraction HELP!!!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mika
  • Start date Start date
M

Mika

Junior member
Joined
Sep 4, 2014
Messages
1
Hello,

I had a left bottom molar remove about 6 days ago. It had broken down to the gum so had to be surgically extracted. The dentist said i had a small infection but that it should drain on its own and she didn't give me any antibiotics. Everything was ok for first 2 days and then I began to experience extreme pain. To the point that the motrin 800 n tylenol 3 I was given did not help. After a day and half went to er where they said it was infected but the clot was in place. Saw dentist today and she said the Clot was only partially there so she put gel foam in it but tonight it has all come out n pain has increased back to the level it was before the er trip. She also would not give me any more pain meds either. JUst said to finish the penicilllin the er gave me. What do I do ? I cant take much more of this...
 
I would maybe see a different dentist. That kinda seems like cruel & unusual punishment. Is there any emergency dentists in your area?
 
Hi There

Try clove oil mixed with a little olive oil. Dont put it on neat. My daughter had her wisdom tooth out and I mixed this for her when she got dry socket. It saved her a lot of agony and she did not need painkillers. We just used a dropper and dripped it in. The relief was instant. Works for a few hours then you need to do it again. It has a strong smell but worth it for pain relief. Its natural and been used for generations of tooth related pain. Just a few drops required but def mix it with the oil. You can buy it in health food shops or pharmacy.

Hope you feel better soon.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top