N
NocoleT84
Junior member
- Joined
- Nov 30, 2015
- Messages
- 3
Figured I would share to see if any others might feel better reading this. Or anyone with dental fear, not just wisdom extraction. So I posted (on here) the other night about IV sedation because I figured it was the best. This morning I called to schedule it but they wanted me to wait months from now! There was no way I could wait with my tooth slightly throbbing and the anticipation always there. So this is what I did. I had my mom take me but I called in the oral surgeon and said I had an emergency. They took me today, no waiting and no built up OMG days looming ahead. Only because they fit me it with no appointment. I did wait awhile in the waiting room and I started shaking and went into a cold sweat waiting an hour for everything. The X Ray machine zoomed around my head so no gagging and prior to me leaving I did not eat (I have a fear of vomiting and when I'm anxious I get naseous) so he came in and explained that only one wisdom needed pulling. For months I was getting headaches on that side. I last had a bad reaction to sweet air. This time I asked for it but to start me out on a low level. I told him if I start bugging out I'll remove the mask and he told me to just tell him
and he will switch it to oxygen. He put some novicaine in my gums. I don't have a needle fear so that went fine. I waited with sweet air and he returned to add more novicaine and it became solidly numb. Right after he said "now you'll just feel slightly pressure" and it was out so fast. I threw a double thumbs up at my mom (I'm 31 lol) and laid back down in relief mode. It was nothing like I thought from all my similar past experiences. Am I still afraid of the dentist, yes I am. But after the holiday season I'm planning 5 root canals, 10 or more cavities and possibly 2 more extractions. Maybe next time I'll do the trick with the sweet air again. This forum helped me so much the other night. So I wanted to get back and tell you that I'm the biggest baby and I did it. Maybe this should go in "success stories"? But it was for a wisdom. So yeah. I'm home over an hour now and the bleeding stopped quick. The extraction hole I haven't checked cuz I put gauze there again. It's starting to feel a little uncomfortable now but nothing Tylenol won't help. The worst part is waiting.
and he will switch it to oxygen. He put some novicaine in my gums. I don't have a needle fear so that went fine. I waited with sweet air and he returned to add more novicaine and it became solidly numb. Right after he said "now you'll just feel slightly pressure" and it was out so fast. I threw a double thumbs up at my mom (I'm 31 lol) and laid back down in relief mode. It was nothing like I thought from all my similar past experiences. Am I still afraid of the dentist, yes I am. But after the holiday season I'm planning 5 root canals, 10 or more cavities and possibly 2 more extractions. Maybe next time I'll do the trick with the sweet air again. This forum helped me so much the other night. So I wanted to get back and tell you that I'm the biggest baby and I did it. Maybe this should go in "success stories"? But it was for a wisdom. So yeah. I'm home over an hour now and the bleeding stopped quick. The extraction hole I haven't checked cuz I put gauze there again. It's starting to feel a little uncomfortable now but nothing Tylenol won't help. The worst part is waiting.
