• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Loose tooth and pain after scaling

C

cariadqueen

Hi All

I'm 31 years old and be the first to admit i have never really taken good care of my oral hygiene but over the last 12 months have really made an effort to turn things around.
I have been told i have gum disease and trying everything i can to bring this under control.
I went to the dentist as i have been getting pain in my lower left teeth around the wisdom area and the dentist took an x-ray and said the teeth look ok and he thinks the problems i have are due to my unhealthy gums so booked me in for a deep scale and polish this Friday just gone.
Ever since having the scale and polish i have had a constant ache in the offending area and also noticed the tooth next to my wisdom has become loose and its easy to move between my fingers.
I called for some advice this morning and was told this can happen and to leave it for a few days and if no improvement then to go back and he would take a look.
Has anyone else had these issues? i really feel like banging my head against a brick wall as im always in pain :cry:

Many thanks for reading :hic:

It is a fairly common thing to happen and it would be best to do what your dentist has suggested.

Thanks Gordon hopefully the tooth will firm up and the pain subside soon, do you have any idea how long this normally takes?

Many thanks x

Normally a couple of days, might be anything up to a week, depending on how bad things were to start with and how fast the patient heals.

Thanks Gordon, things seem to be improving now :)

x

Back