• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Lower jaw look after 3 years braces treatment

  • Thread starter Thread starter jaaay
  • Start date Start date
J

jaaay

Junior member
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
1
Hi, would anyone tell me what kind of treatment the girl in this pictures [broken link removed] had?

I think I have the exactly same problem, my profile, lips and smile don't look right if my bite is closed. When I pull forward my jaw they look just fine.

I had braces for 3 year until I was 18, I'm 21 now. According to my dentist my bite is fine and I could get braces again to realign back my lower front teeth (they are a little twisted to the front and but honestly i don't care if my teeth are not perfectly straight. I have tried to tell her that it's my jaw the one that doesn't look right but she insists it's just fine. I just want to know if there's anyway to improve my lower jaw look without getting surgery, maybe getting braces again to move my lower teeth back or something.
 
Last edited:
Looks like standard Twin Block orthodontics or similar. The orthodontist has had a bit of "help" from the patient growing during the treatment, the lower jaw tends to grow down and forward a little over the last few years of growth, so the orthodontist can harness some of the growth to get a better result.

Moving your upper teeth back would give you a horrible aesthetic result, most of the time. It's best to discuss this with an orthodontist, it's hard to do this online.
 
Back
Top