• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pain in gum and lower jaw when touched

J

jenny8484

Hi I am hoping someone can guide me as to what may be going on. Recently I have been having pain on my right lower jaw at the bottom jaw line area and underneath it, when I touch the area as well as pain when I touch the gum in certain spots on the lower gum area (around where I notice I have a weird bony bump on both sides). The teeth themselves do not hurt. I do have an implant in the lower jaw toward he front that I still have not crowned yet as I was concerned this implant may have stemmed an infection, the oral surgeon that did the implant had me do a 3d ct scan after I was worried something was possibly wrong, and he said everything looked fine and to go get the crown on. I do notice that I catch myself clenching my teeth at night, but I’m not sure if that would cause gum pain and pain at the jawline and below the jaw. Thoughts?

No clue, sorry, you need to check with your dentist.

Back