• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Managed my check up on my own today (kind of)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Looby88
  • Start date Start date
L

Looby88

Junior member
Joined
Oct 2, 2013
Messages
7
I started posting here about 8 months ago as I was terrified of the dentist and hadn't been for years. I went through 6 weeks of treatment from a scale and polish to a couple of fillings and an extraction taking my boyfriend to each appointment for support.
Today I had my 6 month check up and I again got this fear of dread in my stomach. I took my boyfriend with me but this time I got him to wait in the reception area with my dentist telling me we could call down if I needed him. I was in and out in 10 minutes with no problems and only a small scale and polish plus a very happy dentist. Feeling so proud of myself and what I have achieved by just finding the right dentist. Not sure I could make an appointment all by myself yet but baby steps are definetly helping and I dont need to go back for 6 months :)
 
CONGRATULATIONS :jump::jump::jump::jump::jump: :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer2::dance::dance::dance::dance2::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::cheers::wow::whirl::perfect::butterfly:


AND A BIG STAR FOR YOUR DENTIST TOO :):):)
 
Back
Top