• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Still phobic, but managed appontment with drugs!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mandy3966
  • Start date Start date
M

Mandy3966

Junior member
Joined
Jun 11, 2013
Messages
16
Hi everyone,

Well just returned from my follow up appt at the dentist a week after having two teeth extracted and a deep clean, and was given the 'all clear'!!!!!!
I went to the doctor on Monday and complained of a swollen gum by one of the extraction sites and was given antibiotics without the gum being even looked at..... well according to dentist it doesn't look like a infection, but its just more tender and sore and swollen then the other extraction site because that tooth was a lot harder to pull out. Dentist said it would take up to a couple of weeks to recover from the extraction date, so hopefully this time next week, I will feel much better.
I actually never started the antibiotics given to me by the doctor as wasn't in pain, just discomfort, and wanted to wait and see what the dentist said. If it does continue to play up then taking them may be an option.....cross that bridge if and when I come to it!
I was told at the end to come back in 6 months time..... we shall see......!!!!! But he did say that I did very well the previous week, and everything went as planned.
Now, it has not cured me of my deep rooted phobia, but I can say that I managed to make it through the appointment this morning without my normal diazepam fix, (actually forgot to take the tablets to work with me, so couldn't take them if I had wanted to) which 3 weeks ago I wouldn't have thought it would have been possible for me even to step through a dentist's surgery front door, let allowed, let a dentist look into my mouth..... ok, I knew it was only a follow up appt, but still a big deal for me, and to blow my own trumpet, really proud of myself for even that little achievement!

Just wanted to thanks everyone for their support on this site, it has helped such a lot, and been a source and knowledge and support to me through a very tramatic and emotional time!!!!

Thank you, Thank you, Thankyou :):):)
 
Sorry, the title of this post should say: 'Still phobic, but managed appointment WITHOUT drugs!!!!!
 
Wow Mandy, well done!!! You have every right to feel proud of yourself! :) Congratulations. xxx:hug:
 
Back
Top