D
Davet30
Junior member
- Joined
- Nov 10, 2011
- Messages
- 3
I went for a molar extraction - lower right. The dentist used quite a bit of force with what I can only discribe as a bradawl. He went from one side of the tooth to the other pushing right down and eventually he changed the tool and pulled it out. I followed the after care instructions but am finding the pain unbearable 4 days later. I can not feel any pain in the socket it'self but it's in my lower jaw on the inside and, when I push a finger upwards from my neck line that hurts too. I've used a finger to explore the area and I can feel what I can only discribe as a sharp boney protrution low down on the inside of the jaw right against my tongue base. Is this normal or should I see my dentisit?
Thanks
Thanks

) I doubt it's dry socket and probably strain on you jaw. Usually dry socket pain is pretty unbearable also but the pain comes from the bone and nerves in the socket being exposed because the blood clot is lost and they are exposed to everything. I've heard even breathing hurts with dry socket.
I hope someone in the forum corrects me.