• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My bottom two front teeth seem long.

J

jjsmith

Hello,

I'm worried about my bottom two front teeth. I've had braces, which came off a couple of months ago, and I've only noticed my problem recently. My bottom two front teeth seem longer than normal. The gum looks like it has receded, but there is no discolouration or change in texture on the surface of the tooth. I've been to the dentist, and she said that she couldn't feel any texture change, either.

I've recently bought a soft toothbrush and have changed the way I brush, and I read that if the recession is due to aggressive brushing, they can come back. They don't bleed and they aren't red, so I don't think it's due to periodontal disease. Maybe it could be because of the braces? Maybe they pushed my teeth forward, which is exposing more of the tooth? I'd just like to know what you guys think and if anyone here has any ideas what could have caused this or whether there's anything I can do to get my gums back?

Thanks!

If your gums are not bleeding I would not worry too much. Actually, I think the more we look for problems the more we see problems even if they are not there. I was convinced I had bone loss with some of my teeth recently. The X-Rays were identical to those taken last year. I think we dental phobes just worry so much.

Back