M
Mrebman
Junior member
- Joined
- Dec 8, 2009
- Messages
- 16
Need help:
I have an upper Molar #15 last molar top left that has bothered me on/off for 10 years. The last time I mentioned it to a dentist 9 years ago (yes I have not seen him in 9 years), he said it was nothing but debris around the gum & cleaned out the gum line. Now 9 years later, it is really hurting at times but at times pretty much goes away. It has a rather large black ugly amalgam filling on the back side of the tooth, could that be leaking? Why does the pain come & go? & how can it go from an 8 to a 1 & then back again. The pain is really wearing me down. what could this be? There is no swelling or bubble on the gum so I don't think it is infected but how would I know?
Could this just be a sensitive tooth, maybe use Orajel desensitizing swab?
Any advice?
I have an upper Molar #15 last molar top left that has bothered me on/off for 10 years. The last time I mentioned it to a dentist 9 years ago (yes I have not seen him in 9 years), he said it was nothing but debris around the gum & cleaned out the gum line. Now 9 years later, it is really hurting at times but at times pretty much goes away. It has a rather large black ugly amalgam filling on the back side of the tooth, could that be leaking? Why does the pain come & go? & how can it go from an 8 to a 1 & then back again. The pain is really wearing me down. what could this be? There is no swelling or bubble on the gum so I don't think it is infected but how would I know?
Could this just be a sensitive tooth, maybe use Orajel desensitizing swab?
Any advice?

I forgot about it as she buys our regular toothpaste.
Now the left tooth back upper is bothering me again but I seem to have a liittle better control over that one by simply not brushing, the tartar seems to cover the exposed root on that tooth fairly well but I know that it is not healthy to not brush a tooth. I need to go in for a complete checkup & get some cavities filled but I would really like to get this exposed root/pain situation under control before I add more discomfort to the mix, I am getting sad & confused & depressed.