G
GrahamDee
Well-known member
- Joined
- Jan 11, 2009
- Messages
- 523
- Location
- Hampshire, England
Monday, the remains of Lower Left Number 5 will be property of the tooth fairy when I get it pulled on Monday, with the help of some serious sedation drugs.
My question is what to do afterwards to avoid dry socket and to speed healing. Salt water washes, I know about, along with no smoking, spitting and straws. But what is the general advice when it comes to eating?
I have always gone with the mushy food school of thought, which was ok until last time, some of this got into the socket and went bad and infected, and I had to have nerves cut with no LA to drain it out. I was told to I should be eating 'solid' foods and nothing such as mash, yoghurt or soup to prevent ingress of food and it turning nasty.
Any opinions or ideas on what's best?

My question is what to do afterwards to avoid dry socket and to speed healing. Salt water washes, I know about, along with no smoking, spitting and straws. But what is the general advice when it comes to eating?
I have always gone with the mushy food school of thought, which was ok until last time, some of this got into the socket and went bad and infected, and I had to have nerves cut with no LA to drain it out. I was told to I should be eating 'solid' foods and nothing such as mash, yoghurt or soup to prevent ingress of food and it turning nasty.
Any opinions or ideas on what's best?
