• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Need help here about minor receding gums

N

Neonfrog

As stated above, I realized my teeth have been "longer", so I made some researched and came across this product called oramd which claims that it can help receding gums to cure. So any opinions guys? Any of you used this product before?

Hello good morning and :welcome:

I have had a quick 'Google' of this product, and Amazon in the US there are more good reviews than bad reviews.

The information below I found on one site courtesy of my old mate Google, and it seems to be a health product made from all natural ingredients.

I am however always sceptical with things like this. I think when we are worried about something, we tend to start 'grabbing at straws' for anything that we feel may be beneficial. I would suggest that if you have concerns regarding your oral health, who better to ask than someone who has been dealing with this sort of thing for a fair old while and can answer your questions on the spot, so for me, I think I would go down the route of contacting my dentist and having a chat, rather than paying out for something that may or may not help in the long run.

I am however, not a professional in any of this, and so could be totally wrong, and if that is the case, then I apologise in advance. Just my opinion on this sort of thing.

I wish you well.

Kim

Manufacturer: Trusted Health Products

This all natural product is specifically formulated to eliminate the 22 known harmful types of oral bacteria that can lead to multiple diseases of the mouth.

OraMD is a liquid toothpaste, mouthwash and breath freshener. Some of the ingredients in OraMD are potent bacteria fighters. This product has interdental access, meaning it gets in between the teeth and goes after the bacteria that are hidden in the nooks and crannies of your mouth and gums.

OraMD is comprised of three 100% pure botanical oils of almond, spearmint and peppermint. There are hundreds of types of these three botanical oils and dozens of properties for each type - literally millions of combinations. This is a precise scientific formulation matching the right properties of the right botanical oils and designed specifically to combat the bad bacteria in your mouth. There is nothing like it on the market - it is fast, effective and leaves a lingering real fresh clean feeling in your mouth unlike anything you have ever experienced before.

INGREDIENTS

100% pure botanical oils of almond, spearmint and peppermint.

MANUFACTURER RECOMMENDED 4 STEP ORAL HYGIENE PROGRAM

1. Brush twice a day in the morning and evening using 2-5+ drops of OraMD on a toothbrush and brush normally.

2. Floss every evening before brushing - more frequently as needed. Get any food particles out from between teeth.

3. Use OraMD as mouthwash twice a day: morning and evening. Just put 2-5+ drops into an ounce of water and gargle. This is important to kill the bacteria on the back of the tongue.

4. Mid-morning and mid-afternoon: put 2-5+ drops on the tongue to coat the gum line and teeth to fight bacteria and bad breath.

One bottle lasts approximately 4 weeks at 2 drops per use.

Use OraMD for at least 3 months and let your dentist evaluate your improvement.

PLEASE NOTE

- OraMD cleans and polishes teeth but does not contain a whitener. If you need to whiten your teeth, you may want to use baking soda and hydrogen peroxide 2 to 3 times per week. A whitening toothpaste can be used 2 to 3 times per week but because of the chemicals in toothpaste you need to rinse extremely well and coat gums with OraMD after any whitening.

- OraMD is safe and recommended for children age 3 and older with no allergies to peppermint, spearmint and nuts. Start with 1 drop of OraMD diluted with 5 drops of water. Warning: Women who are pregnant or nursing should consult their physician prior to use. Avoid eye contact.

- OraMD is strong the first several times you use it, this is the product working and this will subside. Keep OraMD out of direct sunlight and always put the cap back on after use to preserve potency.

- If you use an oral irrigator, be sure to flush the irrigator with Medium Hot water for 20 seconds. Use nylon toothbrushes and avoid plastic toothbrushes. Avoid using foam cups - polystyrene plastics will not hold up to the menthol in this product.

- For your protection, these bottles have tamper-evident caps.

I know nothing about this product but I will say that basically the entire dental treatment for receding gums is natural and not drug based. Depending on the cause it will consist of an excellent cleaning as the basis and maintaining a very clean environment or if it is due to a lack of the proper tissue around a tooth then it is treated by placing the needed tissue around a tooth

Ok thank you guys for helping me. Really appreciate that. :)