D
danneh3826
Junior member
- Joined
- Aug 6, 2008
- Messages
- 5
Hi all,
I'm looking forward to being on this forum. It looks like I could get a lot of help from everyone.
I suppose it looks to you like I'm like everyone else. I probably am. I haven't been to a dentist in 5/6 years. My troubles started when I was in primary school. I must have been 8/9. I was walking on a wall and I tripped, chipping one of my front teeth. Wasn't too bad to start with, but the cap that the dentist put on kept falling off. The last time it fell out, I went to a different dentist who re-drilled and re-fitted another metal "post" to hold the cap in place. Fortunately, I haven't had any issues since. However, my first dentist was an arse to say the least. He was a miserable sod who didn't seem to care about how much pain you were in. Evidently circumstances in dental practices apparently have changed. And I've moved. And he retired. Typical.
Anyway, more recently I've started having teeth break. One of my back teeth has a whole quarter missing. Though it doesn't normally hurt, it does if I eat on that side (seems if there's food there and it's pressed into the gap, it touches the nerves or something). And I have 2 wisdom teeth come through. Both on the bottom. They're under the gum skin. One of them you can feel is there, and flares up red from time to time, but rarely bothers me. The other is more protruding. Half covered in skin, and pushing (quite hard) against the tooth in front of it. The wisdom tooth has been breaking apart over the last month or two, and now I'm in a state of constant pain on that side of my mouth.
I found a dentist down the road from my house, which I'm nervously trying to book an appointment for. I've read around that the embarrassment factor is brought on by not going to the dentist and being scared about what they'll think and say and do. And I hate pain. Absolutely loath it. Especially when it's inflicted by needles and the like. Injections in the mouth don't really do it for me.
I need some help/advise/support. I've not go an appt yet, but my mouth is killing me. Tried all the tricks in the book (within reason) for pain relief. Currently taking 2 Ibuprofen every 4-6 hours, and applying some liquid Anbesol to the area of pain (has some form of anaesthetic in it to ease the pain, however brief..45-60 mins it seems to last).
Please help
I'm looking forward to being on this forum. It looks like I could get a lot of help from everyone.
I suppose it looks to you like I'm like everyone else. I probably am. I haven't been to a dentist in 5/6 years. My troubles started when I was in primary school. I must have been 8/9. I was walking on a wall and I tripped, chipping one of my front teeth. Wasn't too bad to start with, but the cap that the dentist put on kept falling off. The last time it fell out, I went to a different dentist who re-drilled and re-fitted another metal "post" to hold the cap in place. Fortunately, I haven't had any issues since. However, my first dentist was an arse to say the least. He was a miserable sod who didn't seem to care about how much pain you were in. Evidently circumstances in dental practices apparently have changed. And I've moved. And he retired. Typical.
Anyway, more recently I've started having teeth break. One of my back teeth has a whole quarter missing. Though it doesn't normally hurt, it does if I eat on that side (seems if there's food there and it's pressed into the gap, it touches the nerves or something). And I have 2 wisdom teeth come through. Both on the bottom. They're under the gum skin. One of them you can feel is there, and flares up red from time to time, but rarely bothers me. The other is more protruding. Half covered in skin, and pushing (quite hard) against the tooth in front of it. The wisdom tooth has been breaking apart over the last month or two, and now I'm in a state of constant pain on that side of my mouth.
I found a dentist down the road from my house, which I'm nervously trying to book an appointment for. I've read around that the embarrassment factor is brought on by not going to the dentist and being scared about what they'll think and say and do. And I hate pain. Absolutely loath it. Especially when it's inflicted by needles and the like. Injections in the mouth don't really do it for me.
I need some help/advise/support. I've not go an appt yet, but my mouth is killing me. Tried all the tricks in the book (within reason) for pain relief. Currently taking 2 Ibuprofen every 4-6 hours, and applying some liquid Anbesol to the area of pain (has some form of anaesthetic in it to ease the pain, however brief..45-60 mins it seems to last).
Please help

