Sevena
Super Moderator
- Joined
- Jun 24, 2012
- Messages
- 802
- Location
- UK
Two days ago I got all my teeth out, including wisdoms, and was fitted with dentures. I was glad it's over - I am glad it's over, and I'm looking forward to recovery, but I'm not in a very good mood.
[Warning for a bit gross] I'm so horribly swollen and oozy. I woke up to a blood-stained pillow this morning. My throat really hurts, making eating impossible. My cheeks look like melons.
Worst of all, I can't wear the dentures at the moment. I took them out yesterday to clean them for the first time, and I can't handle wearing them again. The top one is chafing at my gums something awful, and it's agony. I knew that would probably happen, and that it would need to be adjusted, but it's Easter weekend so I don't know when I'm gonna get back to the dentist to have it fixed.
Worst of all, I don't even like the dentures. I hate the colour they made them. Unlike relining, I guess it'll be months and months until I can get that sorted, so that really sucks. I mean sure it's better than what was before, but I was just really hoping to actually like them. That would make all this pain and misery and discomfort worth it. Right now, I don't really feel like it's worth it. I'm just depressed and angry.
[Warning for a bit gross] I'm so horribly swollen and oozy. I woke up to a blood-stained pillow this morning. My throat really hurts, making eating impossible. My cheeks look like melons.
Worst of all, I can't wear the dentures at the moment. I took them out yesterday to clean them for the first time, and I can't handle wearing them again. The top one is chafing at my gums something awful, and it's agony. I knew that would probably happen, and that it would need to be adjusted, but it's Easter weekend so I don't know when I'm gonna get back to the dentist to have it fixed.
Worst of all, I don't even like the dentures. I hate the colour they made them. Unlike relining, I guess it'll be months and months until I can get that sorted, so that really sucks. I mean sure it's better than what was before, but I was just really hoping to actually like them. That would make all this pain and misery and discomfort worth it. Right now, I don't really feel like it's worth it. I'm just depressed and angry.
