• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

need ways to control fear

Celle,
Boy can I identify with you! My husband and I figured that 3 years is just about how long it will take to pay off my teeth and, with any luck, his too. Our insurance covers as little as they can. Last year I ran up close to $4500 in expenses and this year will be even more with 2 more oral surgeries at close to a $1,000 each, 3 crowns at $800 each, and a bridge at $915 plus cleanings, numerous x-rays, and its only March. The insurance does cover small portions of some of this but not much. For example, they pay nothing for bridges, nothing for IV sedation which is $315 per surgery and I have had two in the past month. They pay nothing for panaramics at $145 each and I have had 2. And the list goes on. I told my husband the other night that our best hope at this point is to win the lottery. :devilish:

wow @ the cost!!!!!
maybe I will just let mine rot out and get dentures. :scared:

DRUMMERSWIFE...I think with our insurance and out of pocket expense..my denture procedure and all that goes with it...get this..dont faint..sit down..are you ready LOL...$17 thousand!!!!!! I could have gotten a new car :ROFLMAO: I really can't remember what my insurance paid..I know our medical paid for just the teeth being pulled and that was only 300.00
I can tell you that my dentist was right at 7000.00 and that was my out of pocket expense. I let my insurance pay the oral surgeon what it could.

Laughing @ ScaredMama ....girl our men are in the wrong business :)

Marcelle

Its a tempting thought I know Mama but truly I would not recommend that. Poor oral health can lead to other serious health problems which, left untreated, can be potentially life threatening. I know the cost is frightenihg but you're worth it!

Let me share this with you
The other day I was on the bus and chatting with the lady sitting next to me. Suddenly in the middle of our conversation she said "I just have to say you have such a pretty smile and you have beautiful teeth"
I tell you I felt like a million dollars. I went home and looked at my teeth in the mirror and they do really look nice--better than they have in years. And they feel so much better.
And Dr. Katy says they are much healthier than they were a year ago.
And even though my hubby and I struggle with the cost, my sweet drummer boy has never once questioned what needed to be done. I have and he just says to me "You're worth it"
So I say the same to you. You're worth it!

DRUMMERSWIFE...I think with our insurance and out of pocket expense..my denture procedure and all that goes with it...get this..dont faint..sit down..are you ready LOL...$17 thousand!!!!!! I could have gotten a new car :ROFLMAO: I really can't remember what my insurance paid..I know our medical paid for just the teeth being pulled and that was only 300.00
I can tell you that my dentist was right at 7000.00 and that was my out of pocket expense. I let my insurance pay the oral surgeon what it could.

Laughing @ ScaredMama ....girl our men are in the wrong business :)

Marcelle

Thats just about we paid for our car Marcella lol! Oh, my heavens! And Dr. Katy's long term tratement plan for me is when we get my teeth all fixed up and healthy, she wants to do some orthodontic work to straighten both my upper and lower teeth, particularly the bottom teeth which are pretty crooked. Insurance does not cover adult orthdontics. It will take 2 years of Invisalign at a cost of $5000. My sweet drummer boy said "Well, I always said you have a million dollar smile...literally!"

Back