• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Never ending toothache looking for dentist .

D

dsr

After having three teeth extracted, I saw an oral surgeon who diagnosed phantom toothache (neuralgia ?). He gave my teeth a clean bill of health and prescribed me Gabapentin for neuropathic pain.

I now have toothache again, but this time its real and located in the upper right molar. When I brush the inside of my teeth, the gum bleeds in the area. The dentist I had at the time said they could find no issues (although they had previously missed a cavity and broken tooth) - However, I no longer have a dentist due to the practice's high turnover of dentists and move away from NHS dentistry .

If someone can recommend me a dentist (NHS or Private) who could isolate my current dental pain and be within a 30 mile radius of North Cambridgeshire I would be really grateful. :)

Not much fun when you're on edge going to the dentist :(

Last edited by a moderator:
You poor thing - have you checked on here for any recommendations?

You poor thing - have you checked on here for any recommendations?

I have, but some of the recommendations were dated years ago and the dentists have left or the practice's have changed direction.

Back