• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

New here!!!! Desperately seeking support

S

stoddardn8tive

Hello everyone,

I'm terrified :cry:and very anxious about my future upcoming appt. I've officially made an appt w/ an dentist in my area (a week away). I've had a horrible past experience of an emergency tooth surgery which tremendous pain, and I don't want to go thru that again. I'm also embarrassed on what the dentist will say because I know I need some work done. I don't think they quite finished or even started the root canal on this molar #30, in fact the emergency dental work I had done was brought upon the pain. I just couldn't take the pain anylonger!!! Now with this appt, I'm scared they will say well we can't save it. Because I waited for two years before I had the finishing of this emergency work, it doesn't look too bright. Plus there is now a noticible chip on that tooth. Please help calm my fears. My insurance doesn't cover dental phobia nor do they cover nitrous oxide (laughing gas). :confused:

:welcome:

The dentist has spent years of his life learning how to fix peoples teeth and mouth and how they make their money, so most of them would be happy and non-critical if someone came in with a bad mouth. I don't think nitrous is too expensive, i'm not really sure because my parents pay for my dental care luckily.

I hope that makes sence, grammer is not my strong point:ROFLMAO:

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a bad time with your tooth! My dad's dental insurance isn't all that good, but I get laughing gas and it's around an extra 43 bucks. It's really worth it, hun! And I'm sure if you speak to the dentist about your fears they will be understanding. A lot of dentists are! Maybe call before the appointment and let them know about your fear and see how much laughing gas costs?

Back