• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

New implant crown

S

Scaredbutready

Hi all
its me again🤦🏻‍♀️ I just had my dental implant crown placed today and just wanted any reassurance that the little twinges and uncomfortable feelings are normal? I know the tooth itself obviously has no feeling to it, so I’m sure it’s just the surrounding gums but it’s kind of like It has its own heartbeat off and on😂. not unbearable at all, just noticeable. Also, does Anyone have any tips, or suggestions for cleaning or tools they’ve used to keep the implants clean? They showed the flossing technique today but am just curious if anyone has found anything that’s been helpful as now that’s my big fear, having it fail! At least by the time I have my next one in two weeks I should be a pro! Thanks for reading.

Hi Scaredbutready,

I think it‘s normal to get twinges and sensations, particularly if you had new dental work done (and even more if you have anxiety). I sometimes get twinges and sensations even without dental work.
When it comes to flossing, I can‘t tell from my own experience, so hopefully someone else can comment on that.

All the best wishes

Back