• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

no answer from suport form somebody has had this done I'm sure

D

Dansdoll511

So I have appointment tomorrow. We've done the top and now moving to the bottom. He's going to use the stabident with no epi to keep my tongue from going numb. But I'm scared because I don't know anyone who has had this done. I want to know if it will feel like the top infiltration did and if it gonna hurt bad once the numbing wears off. Anybody have had the xtip or stabident used on them?

Hi,

I have used Xtip several times but only for one purpose: when an acute inflammation does not allow adequate anesthesia. This system indeed proved to work well, but I have never used it for any other kind of treatment.

So I went today. He numbed the gums by the molar and wisdom tooth next to it. His plan was to get both in one shot but he couldn't get the stabident in. Tried about 3 times. Then went to a pdl injection. Still not numb completely on the one tooth. He got most of the decay out but not all. Then tried xtip. Didn't get it in :(. So we stopped and he put in a temporary sedative filling in the molar. I'm home now and jaw hurts pretty good especially behind the wisdom tooth. Not sure if he drilled there or did injections there. Took some Advil. Can I ice it? There is a swollen gum section behind wisdom tooth that's white and really sore :(. I was brave today though. Just wondering how long it might hurt?

I replied to your other post..Can't remember where?

In wondering if I didn't use up the anesthesia too quick cause it was worn off as soon as I left office?

I think it really depends on what type anethesia the dentist used...On one appoinment I had it was wearing off before he was done with my tooth..The next time it took a hour after I got home to wear off...Maybe depends also on the precedure? Maybe a dentist can answer that one!

Yeah maybe. We are going to try again in a month. Hopefully he figures out the angle and all that. Evidentially I have "thick gums" lol

He'll eventually figure out what works and what doesn't...You'll get it done...But you are braver than I...Good luck:clover::clover::clover:

Back