Chillywiggler
Junior member
- Joined
- Aug 2, 2011
- Messages
- 1
- Location
- Southport, UK
Two months ago I went to the dentist for an extraction. Yes, I was nervous, but I didn't expect to have a full blown panic attack midway through the procedure. It was decided that I needed sedation.
Today, I went to the sedation clinic not really sure how I felt. I need not have worried. The worst bit was the 30 minute drive to the clinic, and yes I am being serious. They put the needle in the back of my hand; put the oxygen thingy in my nostrils and then put an eye mask on me. They told me to close my eyes and relax.....
The next thing I know is the mask is being removed and I am being led through to the recovery area. WOW!!! Seriously, that was a doddle. I can't remember a single thing of the procedure - they removed three rotten roots on the right side of my mouth.
There is still a couple of problem teeth on the left, so I have to go back in a month. I just hope it goes as well as today.
For anyone feeling nervous about IV sedation...please believe me when I say you will be fine and won't remember anything about it.
Today, I went to the sedation clinic not really sure how I felt. I need not have worried. The worst bit was the 30 minute drive to the clinic, and yes I am being serious. They put the needle in the back of my hand; put the oxygen thingy in my nostrils and then put an eye mask on me. They told me to close my eyes and relax.....
The next thing I know is the mask is being removed and I am being led through to the recovery area. WOW!!! Seriously, that was a doddle. I can't remember a single thing of the procedure - they removed three rotten roots on the right side of my mouth.
There is still a couple of problem teeth on the left, so I have to go back in a month. I just hope it goes as well as today.
For anyone feeling nervous about IV sedation...please believe me when I say you will be fine and won't remember anything about it.

You did great!!