S
scaredgranny
Junior member
- Joined
- Jan 12, 2006
- Messages
- 2
Okay, here goes. I have not been to a dentist in 26 years. The last time I was at one, a "friend" took me to his supposed "friend" dentist. Turned out to be a dental school dropout who has bought dental equipment at a state auction. Anyhow, the Novacaine not only numbed my mouth, but my throat so I felt as if I could not breathe at all. Felt like my throat was swollen shut, literally. Then becuz of unclean instruments I got all sorts of infections, nearly died---I have to go to a dentist now. I have several teeth broken off at the gumline and it is just stupid to live like this, I know that. My husband is a dental lab technician by the way--has his own lab (go figure that I am such a scardy cat). Has anyone heard of the problem with the Novacaine? THat is what has kept me away form dentists--I did go to my childhood dentist for a small filling about a year after this horrible experience, but the Novacaine had the same effect--I thought if I ever got out of the chair I would simply run and never stop running--and basically that is what I have done. Any suggestions for me? Am I just a lost cause. Thanks.
,![Scared [smiley=scared.gif] [smiley=scared.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/scared.gif)