• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

On What Day Can You Eat Sharper Foods Such as Chips?

D

derrick

Hi again,

I was wondering when can I stop the fear of eating something sharp like nuts or chips or foods with harder edges? I've been on mostly soft foods like macaroni and cheese, oatmeal, soft cooked veggies, boiled foods etc..

It's day 27 now for me and I'm wondering on what day can you start adding things like potato chips and harder foods into your diet without worrying you will cause dry socket or a hole in your gums.

I couldn't find any answers on this message board or anywhere on the net. I would ask my dentist but I don't want to push on her patience. I've asked her a million questions already and don't feel it's appropriate to disturb and call her, she has a busy practice.

Any dental experts or dentists have any answers? I'm sure this is a question a lot of people have when visiting this site.

Thanks again,

Derrick:)

You're fine to go back to a normal diet at this point. There's no chance of a dry socket anymore and if you notice any small pieces get down in there, rinse your mouth with mouthrinse or water. You won't hurt it.

Thanks so much! I've been really careful as to what I eat but I guess I'll start eating whatever from now on.

Day 29 starts around 11am Thursday so I am thinking I am good now.

You are the best drm.

Back