• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Oral health app gets NHS approval and new video

Brush DJ

Brush DJ

Good news... the free Brush DJ app has become the first oral hygiene app to be approved by the NHS :)

I have also uploaded a new video to YouTube showing how to use an interdental brush

This is the second in a series of videos I have developed, showing how to carry out basic oral hygiene tasks to encourage better self home care. Hope you find it fun and useful!

Thanks

Ben

Cool idea, Ben!

Slick app and videos.

Well done.

Cheers,
Steve

Cool idea, Ben!

Slick app and videos.

Well done.

Cheers,
Steve

Thank you :) I have also made a video showing how to use a manual toothbrush

hope you like it

I like the videos thank you, I found the interdental brush one very helpful :butterfly:

I especially like the fact it was done in cartoon form and not with real mouths as I cannot bare to look at real teeth and mouths. I was a bit suspicious at first when I saw this thread but it is very good and informative.

I like the videos thank you, I found the interdental brush one very helpful :butterfly:

I especially like the fact it was done in cartoon form and not with real mouths as I cannot bare to look at real teeth and mouths. I was a bit suspicious at first when I saw this thread but it is very good and informative.

Thank you Carole :) More videos are coming soon...

Last edited by a moderator:
I will keep an eye out on here, because it is safe, I haven't and never do want to see any tools or anything too graphic.

If all your information is done in the same manner as the ones I have just seen, they are going to be very helpful, but if you start to get too technical or start showing procedures, or tools then I have to back away from the video :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Good point, well made Carole. . .and therefore extra kudos Ben! :respect::respect::respect::respect:

It seems to me you have thought the BrushDJ app through very carefully, with a nod towards phobic patients too.

I'm a programmer by trade (and I've made a couple of iOS apps -- albeit just to learn objective C), so I know a quality product when I see one -- and this is one.

Many forums understandably frown upon self-promotional posts, but I think your app will help (not only) this community, (but also) the rest of 'normal' society, lol :o

Good :clover::clover::clover: Ben.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:
Good point, well made Carole. . .and therefore extra kudos Ben! :respect::respect::respect::respect:

It seems to me you have thought the BrushDJ app through very carefully, with a nod towards phobic patients too.

I'm a programmer by trade (and I've made a couple of iOS apps -- albeit just to learn objective C), so I know a quality product when I see one -- and this is one.

Many forums understandably frown upon self-promotional posts, but I think your app will help (not only) this community, (but also) the rest of 'normal' society, lol :o

Good :clover::clover::clover: Ben.

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks Steve :)
I am not a fan of self promotion, but sometimes it is the only way to get people to hear about things like this. The app is free and I built it because I wanted to get evidence-based info out there with as few barriers as possible. The aim is to get people to brush/interdental clean effectively, therefore reducing the risk of dental disease. Less dental disease means less dental treatment, which all dental health professionals should encourage rather than just managing its consequences.

The aim is to keep all the videos animated because it offers a lot more control over the production and is far cheaper! There is a picture of a teeth after disclosing tablets on one of the videos, but hopefully this isn't too grim.

Yep, understood Ben, and honestly. . .I've installed the app and played with it today. It's really useful and valuable.

I'll also install it on my daughter's phone -- she'll appreciate a 2 minute blast of Gangnam Style while she brushes ;D;D;D

Best of luck,
Steve

Yep, understood Ben, and honestly. . .I've installed the app and played with it today. It's really useful and valuable.

I'll also install it on my daughter's phone -- she'll appreciate a 2 minute blast of Gangnam Style while she brushes :):):)

Best of luck,
Steve

Gangnam Style is a good choice of song

I just watched the tooth brushing video and the teeth at the end were not prolonged so this felt fine to see. It was just a short burst so doable.

I am enjoying this thread and look forward to more information, as long as it stays phobic friendly. :)