• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pain in face - caused by wisdom tooth?

L

LukeM

Hi all - quick bit of background. I have a wisdom tooth which is going to have to be taken out (no 2 ways about that) and you might have seen my thread about that here featuring xray and all...

I sure know that tooth is there right now. The right side of my face hurts (around the tooth, near the jaw). It's more of an ache, is how I would describe the pain and nothing is easing it off. Is this normal? :cry:

Hi Luke, sounds like pericoronitis to me. That is, inflammation and sometimes infection around the crown of a tooth (very often wisdom teeth). You can use a chlorohexidine mouthwash to try and keep the area clean (as well as brushing). You should visit your dentist soon though. This problem can need professional cleaning around the wisdom tooth and sometimes antibiotics. Hop that helps.

Thanks David.

It was cleaned by my dentist.... 2 weeks ago? I have an appointment on Monday. It's more of an ache than an actual pain as such but it's no good none the less. :cry:

Hi Luke ...probably best to see your dentist and what he/she says.

Back