• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

face/mouth pain two weeks after surgery

A

armyofmonsters

Hi all, I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed almost two weeks ago. The procedure went well, little bleeding, and little pain for the first two days. On day three the absolutely excruciating pain showed up. I went back to my oral surgeon on day five, he said everything was healing nicely. He never said anything about dry socket but he stuffed the bottom two sockets anyways and had me come back again on day seven. He said after the second visit I shouldn't be in any more pain. It's now day twelve, the pain is back, and it's a whole new evil. It feels like the whole left side of my face is being crushed. The pain radiates from the socket on the bottom to my ear and to the front of my mouth. It's also beginning to slightly radiate down my neck. Any amount of pressure hurts. Is this just dry socket? Or is it possible I may have fractured my jaw or have nerve damage? My surgeon isn't doing much in terms of help other than telling me I look fine, stuffing the sockets, and sending me on my way. Should I get a second opinion? My job requires a decent amount of moving/physical activity, I can't take any more days off and this is getting to be unbearable. Thanks.

Had my lower wisdom teeth out six days ago. For days ago I began feeling pain on the right side in teeth neighboring the extraction site-radiating up to the teeth above it and up around the eye and into the ear, and now dizziness.

Glad I'm not the only one but I wish I had answers. I'm going back to the dentist tomorrow.

Have things have improved for you?

Hi all, I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed almost two weeks ago. The procedure went well, little bleeding, and little pain for the first two days. On day three the absolutely excruciating pain showed up. I went back to my oral surgeon on day five, he said everything was healing nicely. He never said anything about dry socket but he stuffed the bottom two sockets anyways and had me come back again on day seven. He said after the second visit I shouldn't be in any more pain. It's now day twelve, the pain is back, and it's a whole new evil. It feels like the whole left side of my face is being crushed. The pain radiates from the socket on the bottom to my ear and to the front of my mouth. It's also beginning to slightly radiate down my neck. Any amount of pressure hurts. Is this just dry socket? Or is it possible I may have fractured my jaw or have nerve damage? My surgeon isn't doing much in terms of help other than telling me I look fine, stuffing the sockets, and sending me on my way. Should I get a second opinion? My job requires a decent amount of moving/physical activity, I can't take any more days off and this is getting to be unbearable. Thanks.

Had my lower wisdom teeth out six days ago. For days ago I began feeling pain on the right side in teeth neighboring the extraction site-radiating up to the teeth above it and up around the eye and into the ear, and now dizziness.

Glad I'm not the only one but I wish I had answers. I'm going back to the dentist tomorrow.

Update: Went to the dentist today. It's dry socket.

Back