• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

panic over recovery after wisdom teeth removal

  • Thread starter Thread starter SunnyJill
  • Start date Start date
SunnyJill

SunnyJill

Junior member
Joined
Jul 6, 2012
Messages
9
Location
Yorkshire
i had both bottom wisdom teeth taken out under general 2 days ago and even though not too much pain i panicking over recovery.
one side is fine and can hardly tell i had it out but the other side feels weird like there is a big lump there similar to when you get food stuck in a tooth but i havent eaten anything solid yet only soup.
i threw up after coming round and am concerned this might have affected it, dont really want to go to dentist but am scared of trying to look at it myself.
also i am scared of brushing rest of teeth or rinsing too much as scared of harming sockets although then i am panicking about rest of teeth going bad, feel like i am stuck in a circle and permanently trying not to panic especially at night, anyone got any ideas could it just be my gum that is swollen? also when dare i start eating again am very scared of getting food stuck in socket and harming blood clot or getting infection.

thanks
 
I know it's hard but try not to think too much, I myself though have had similar experience. One week ago I had two wisdom teeth removed and have been worrying, but just remind yourself if there is not much pain you are healing, of course some pain is expected but by each day it will decrease.

I've had all my wisdom teeth removed now and after each extraction I've found I've had to become used to the way my mouth feels. It feels different because we're missing teeth! :)

I too feel a bump but I think it's as you have thought.. Just our gums being a bit swollen due to the surgery. You have gone through a minor surgery and your body needs to recover!

Try to stay strong, get lots of rest. Take things slowly, when you Do brush your teeth just be gentle and you should be fine, I've been staying clear of the extraction sites though and boy I can't wait to brush those teeth! I've had a bit if pain today in my molars close to one if my extraction sites but hey, that's teeth. They might even just be recovering from the sudden disappearance of the wisdom teeth.

I hope you find some peace and heal quickly. :)


Salt water rinses Do a lot if good xx just be gentle and don't spit. I wish you the best! Xo :)
 
Its been nearly 2 weeks now since I had my wisdom teeth out, I went to the dentist today to have them checked and he said there was a slight yellow puss even though I dont have much pain, he put some horrible tasting clove packing in the sockets but now 5 hours later it has come out, do you hink it will be ok if I keep rinsng as I dont really want to go back to the dentist.
Would appreciate any advise.
 
Back
Top