• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Partial denture

  • Thread starter Thread starter kirsty7251
  • Start date Start date
K

kirsty7251

Junior member
Joined
Jul 28, 2025
Messages
4
Location
Uk
Hi, I'm just looking for some advice or anybody in a similar situation. I have pretty bad teeth at 31 because of medication I had to take because of am autoimmune condition when I was younger. I have one flipper on top and ones on bottom but I'm considering a bridge due to bone loss from denture. Has anybody else experienced major bone loss or any other teeth lost due to wearing partial dentures for a long time. Unfortunately I'm not applicable for implant due to fears of autoimmune disease flaring up again. Thanks
 
Hi @kirsty7251, it doesn't look as if anyone here knows much about this from first-hand experience. Maybe you could repost this in the Ask a Dentist section?
 
Thank you. Unsure how to do this
 
The Ask a Dentist section is here:


Just post there the same way you posted here! Make sure your post includes clear questions (e.g. about the chances of bone loss, the pros and cons of a bridge) and clear information about which teeth are involved and why they were lost for getting a more accurate answer :)
 
@kirsty7251 Bone loss occurs from teeth being removed. A bridge won't prevent bone loss, unfortunately.

I had all but one molar missing on the bottom for many years. The bone loss is inevitable without intervention and the placement of implants (the one and only positive of implants, in my opinion)

Implants are expensive, however, and are not guaranteed to last. Bone grafting could be done, I think. I'm not really clued up on that though.
 
Back
Top