• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Periochip/gum treatment aftercare advice

E

erming

I had a gum treatment today similar to periochip and have been told not to clean my teeth for 2 days, then for the next 3 days just brush gently with a dry brush. The aim is to keep the chip in place for as long as possible to allow healing. I’m fine with that, but am worried about bad breath and wondered if anyone had any ideas how I can keep my mouth fresh? Mouthwash and swilling is also banned. I am having this treatment every other week for a few weeks so am keen to find an answer

Erming,

I don't have an answer for you but just wanted to say I hope your treatment is going well. Did you find any answers ?

Hi krlovesherkids999, Thank you for the message, nice to have your support. I didn’t get any answers to my question because I think this isn’t a treatment all dentists offer. But I had a chat to my dentist and am now allowed to clean the teeth that are not being treatment, so that makes me feel a lot better. Believe me there’s nothing worse than not cleaning your teeth for a few days. Just a couple more treatments to go which hopefully will have improved my gum pockets as I really don’t want to lose any more teeth.....

I know you’re past this stage now, but in case anyone else sees this an is looking for options, I wonder if something like Listerine pocketpaks oral care strips would work?

Hi, thanks for that. They look worth a try. I can clean a bit but these might give some added freshness

Back