• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Petrified and suffering!

P

Pleasehelpme!!

I have been in discomfort for over 6 months now. My two front teeth feel as tho they are going to fall out, they feel numb and my gums are very swollen around them. I am too scared to book a dental appointment but am constantly in distress and fear is keeping me awake at night. I am convinced I will need root canals and am petrified of even the bought if sitting in that dentists chair ?

Honestly the fear is usually worse than the reality, at least for me. My fear kept me out of the chair for almost 10 years and now I am paying for it dearly. It's worth trying to overcome your fear to not be in pain and be happy again. For me, my consult was nowhere near as bad as I expected. And while not thrilled about the work I have starting tomorrow, the end result, a nice bright smile I can be proud of, is what motivates me. When I went for my consult I was convinced I'd need full dentures at 31. That I would have massive bone loss, dental cysts, advanced periodontal disease etc and granted I do need some work, it was not as bad as I thought and I even have a couple broken teeth.... honestly just getting through the consult with a good dentist made me feel SO MUCH BETTER. That was a few weeks ago now and I am nervous to start the work tomorrow, but also excited. Good luck. I hope you can find the strength to overcome your fear.

I'm 47 I've the worst dental phobia what's making me go is how dangerous tooth infection can be
I'm like you I'm sure I'll need dentures and I've a sore patch behind my front teeth so I'm thinking cancer

I think we just have to get through this the best we can know how your feeling