• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pulsing in Mouth

N

needalittlefaith

For a good while now (I can't remember if this started at some point or if it was always like this) when I eat or drink something VERY hot (as in almost scalding), the roof of my mouth and teeth pulse. I wouldn't call it throbbing because it's not painful. There's just the sensation of a pulse for a few minutes until my mouth cools down again. Is this normal or should I talk to my dentist? I have quite a few large fillings and a comment someone recently made to me has me concerned...

Hi welcome to the forum.

I wouldn't be overly concerned but it may be worth seeing your dentist. It is always much better to see your own dentist and let them do a proper check in person than relying on a reply on the internet.

As good as this site is, and it is the best one in my opinion it is very limited and cannot give you a correct diagnosis. We can offer you as much support and encouragement as you want by the bucket load.

Go and see your dentist and see what they say.

All the best to you

For a good while now (I can't remember if this started at some point or if it was always like this) when I eat or drink something VERY hot (as in almost scalding), the roof of my mouth and teeth pulse. I wouldn't call it throbbing because it's not painful. There's just the sensation of a pulse for a few minutes until my mouth cools down again. Is this normal or should I talk to my dentist? I have quite a few large fillings and a comment someone recently made to me has me concerned...
i think only person which have gone through your same situation can only understand the pain.
I have gone through this situation. it is really very painful.
I have used various mouth ulcer but they give temporary relief.
I have tried pressing the pulse but after few moments i feel very relieved but again after some time it is painful

Back