• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pulsing pain here and there but feel constant pressure

J

Joeb

Hi guys I seem to never get a response on here but need to talk about it.... on Saturday/Saturday night I started getting pulses and abit of pain on my bottom right wisdom tooth (I think) it could be gum around it as there’s gum over part of the tooth and I feel it’s open meaning air, food and whatever can get in there.... it’s not excruciating but would people recommend when I have my appointment Wednesday to get him to take a look as he has hasn’t mentioned any problems to date but it’s seems like since treatment has started I’m feeling twinges, pulses and all sorts all over the place. I haven’t got really bad teeth but my brain keeps telling me “wait for it, wait for it” and it’s driving me mad or would anyone recommend calling my dentist tomorrow and see if he can fit me in to deal with my concerns.. as I’m almost certain on Wednesday if there is an issue he will not deal with it there and then as I’m due a filling, polish and possibly a tooth out then. I find it really difficult pin pointing where the problem exactly is... I don’t like when the dentist touches my tooth with the silver things ... anyone help please?

Sorry you haven't been getting replies to your posts. This may get more attention in the "ask a dentist section". The wisdom tooth is impacted? The pulses you are mentioning could be a sign that the nerve in the tooth or jaw is being irritated. You should ask to have it looked at the appointment on Wednesday. I don't see why the dentist couldn't at least take a look, get an idea of what is going on and make suggestions about what to do, if anything.

Thank you for replying Sol..... yeah I defiantly will get him to take a look I don’t know if it’s partly all in my head as I’ve thought about nothing else pretty much for the last 4 weeks lol but yeah will get him to take a look

Joeb,

Hello, I can see how this would be get anxiety going not knowing what these sensations are.. I would totally ask him and one question may relieve so much anxiety! I say this exact thing ,
"it’s seems like since treatment has started I’m feeling twinges, pulses and all sorts all over the place. " and add, its really causing a bit of anxiety.. and see what he says :). I hope your appt goes well. Let us know..

Thank you for your message :) I have just come out of a appointment where I had the broken tooth with a filling removed so hopefully over the next couple days the problem dies down significantly

Hope it does for you too Joeb! Wishing you a speedy and easy healing!

Thank you for that :) yeah me too x

Also do you know what the dentist mean by excessive bleeding afterwards? He explained it to me but lately I haven’t been able to remember anything haha... I have abit of blood in the gap and surrounding areas, was wondering if it is normal ?

Back