• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

question about living with missing molars

Z

zombiegroupie

Hello,

Would like to ask a dentist or anyone with experience about this.

I just had my upper last molar on the left extracted due to badly decayed filling. Tooth #15 is gone. Dentist said there may not even be enough bone structure for an implant, my teeth are already crowded, I can live without it.

Now on the bottom right I need to have #31 extracted due to bad filling and bad decay. Also tooth #30 needs a possible root canal but with the way my teeth are weak I'm considering extracting it as well if the dentist agrees.

I am missing all wisdom teeth since my 20's.

Can I survive long term without those 3 molars? I would maybe consider implants in the future but right now it's not financially possible. I don't really think I could gte along with partial dentures.....

I know there is a risk of the upper teeth moving down slowly over time but would implants prevent this if it started happening?

also I already have a crossbite, have had since I was young. Never had braces.

I am missing one molar and it is a total non issue.. my mom is missing 3 on one side and also is fine.

People talk about super errupting but i figure if you get a night guard made that will put pressure on the other opposing teeth at night so they dont super errupt ( just my opinion)

I think you can survive for sure but eating will be anoying with teeth missing in different quadrants

Dear,

Honestly I totally agree with you about the implants are extremely over priced, so you should check the European dentistries.

They usually offer packages what include the travel and treatments as well.
Budapest is reccommended by many forums.

On this website you find some details about this topic.

dentrips.co.uk

Back