• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Question about onlay

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zephyr025
  • Start date Start date
Z

Zephyr025

Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2006
Messages
47
Hello- today I just had an onlay done along with a filling redone infront of the onlayed tooth. These areas are sensitive when I bite down. My bite also feels a little bit off, but then again at other times it doesn't. Is this just an effect from this type of work? How long should I give my teeth to determine if my bite is not right? My jaw joint is hurting from the injections, and I hear clicking when I open it and its sore. The inside of my cheek is bruised and my throat is sore. Is this a norm? or? How does the dentist readjust your bite? Does it hurt? Thanks! :-/

Btw- These are tooth colored filling/onlay. Permanant.
 
I'd hold off two or three days, unless it's really annoying you. Sometimes the bite sort of "settles in".

The bite is adjusted by smoothing off some of the inlay or filling, it doesn't hurt at all.
 
Back
Top