• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Really Painful Toothache But Worried I Won't Afford Treatment

R

ReallyPainful

As a child and for most of my teens I had awful dental hygiene, but didn't really care because I went to the dentist who fixed what was wrong for free and it was all fine. Then I hit 18 and moved out of home. I got better at brushing my teeth and now brush twice daily. However, I had a couple of chipped teeth I never got sorted, and some toothache I treated with Ibuprofen, and now a year and a half later, I'm fed up and in loads of pain. I'm a student in Aberdeen, and I don't have very much money, but I really need to get this sorted because it's really affecting my life. What should I do? How much will this cost? What's a good cheap dentist in Aberdeen?

Have a look on the above link. I suppose the issue is - do you need a dentist for nervous people or will any competent dentist be okay for you?

Good luck.

Prices are in bands with the NHS depending on what treatment you need doing, and there are three bands. Prices may vary with private dentists, although may be fairly similar, and a lot of dentists do offer finance plans, which may be worth you looking into. But I would err on the side of caution when you are considering a 'cheap' dentist. That would scare the life out of me, because it may work out cheaply on the pocket, but at what cost to your dental health.

Are there any other students you know who could recommend a good dentist? Or does the University/college have information on that sort of thing in Aberdeen?

I hope that you find a dentist who can not only fix your mouth up and put you out of your misery, but that will also be viable for you financially.

Take care.

Kim

Back