• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Red line above front tooth that has veneer

  • Thread starter Thread starter NewGirl07
  • Start date Start date
N

NewGirl07

Junior member
Joined
Sep 9, 2025
Messages
8
Location
Lincs
Sorry the photo isn't great. My front tooth has a venner and I've noticed a small red line above it that isn't going away but not getting worse. Is it something to be concerned about?
1000005427.jpg
 
Looks like mild gingivitis. How long have you had the veneer? If it's new go and see your dentist ASAP. If you've had it a while, mention it at your next exam.
 
Hi, thank for the reply. I've had the veneer for a long time. After Christmas I tried an eco dental floss and it was too thick and got stuck, I first noticed after that. I've been waiting until my hygienist appointment which was on Monday. I mentioned it and she just said keep and eye on it (whatever that means). My next dental checkup isn't until September I think. I get so stressed out thinking it's something serious or will turn into something serious if I don't go and have it looked at immediately.
 
Back
Top