• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Red spot roof of mouth

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aaron1987
  • Start date Start date
A

Aaron1987

Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2020
Messages
27
Location
Milton keynes
I have an extreme phobia about the dentist… even therapy hasn’t helped me and I only go for yearly check ups and when I have issues.
I do notlike to go on small matters as it’s really affects my wellbeing.
A week ago I noticed a small red dot on the roof of my mouth - was just giving myself a check.
Anyone here think it I need to see a dentist or that it has worrying features.
Even writing this makes me feel nervous but I will go dentist if needs be.
It’s not painful and I can’t feel it with my tongue.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4317.jpeg
    IMG_4317.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4315.jpeg
    IMG_4315.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4318.png
    IMG_4318.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 15
Looks like you've traumatised it a bit, either a small burn (pizza cheese is good for that!) or caught something a bit sharp like a crisp on it.
It should go away in a week or so, if it's still there in 2 weeks go to the dentist and get it checked out.
 
Thanks for your reply. I do definitely appreciate it.
Thing is… it’s not gotten at all better in the last 7 days so I have to assume it may not do.
If it doesn’t… is there anything sinister that can show as similar symptoms as this.
I pretty much mean oral cancer.

I have a fixation on believing that I’ll one day be diagnosed with this.
I’m 37, non smoker but it’s just a feeling.
 
It's not a typical presentation for oral cancer, normally they're white areas not red.

Give it another week.
 
Sorry to bother you again, Gordon and I do appreciate you replying to pretty much all my concerns going back years.
This is still the same as in the pics. I have an appointment end of next week so was just trying to have an idea what the dentist may say when I go with this issue.
Just getting mentally ready for it I guess.
 
Probably the same as me (I hope!) it looks like trauma, so figure out what's causing it and take it from there.

If it's more suspicious in the flesh then they should refer you promptly for further attention from a Max-Fac or Oral Medicine specialist.
 
Wanted to reply in case anyone else was worried about something similar.
As usual the superb Gordon was right; it went away a few days later.
 
Thanks for updating and the compliment :-) My wife would like a word about the "as usual" bit though!
 
Back
Top