B
Bree2704
Junior member
- Joined
- Feb 8, 2012
- Messages
- 2
Request for pictures with and without dentures in. Explanation explained inside
Hi all, found this site recently and am so thankful because it makes my dental phobia not make me feel dumb. I tried searching with no luck so thought I would request input. A little history:
I'm a 25yo wife and mom of two from the US. Bad teeth are Hereditary in my family plus I grew up on well water with zero flouride until I was 18. Add that to avoiding the dentist except in extreme pain(leading to extractions) from then until now, well, my teeth were rough.
In the past 3 years I have had 4 molars pulled one at a time and I the rest of my molars had decay down into the roots. Soooooooo....
A couple of weeks ago I found out I am eligible for FREE complete dental care because I am a disabled veteran. I called and made an appt just for a consult. they told me that all my back teeth needed to go and I have two tiny cavities that need work on my front teeth.i resisted the urge to panic because I've been knowing this would need to be done because of pain and infection. I was going to have to wait 6 months for sedation due to backlog patients but they had a cancelation for no sedation the next morning so I bit the bullet and loaded up on anti-anxiety meds that morning and barely remember anything thankfully. Got home, and healed nicely. Yesterday I went for a 1 week follow up and saw my "real" dentist who threw me a curve ball
He told me that due to decay on my front top teeth that I needed to have them all extracted. I honestly thought he was kidding..my front teeth are straight from braces as a kid and white and I like them...never in my mind did I think they would want to pull them all...IM 25! I immediately lost it..sobbed and boohooed and then into a full panic attack. The reason he gave was that my front teeth aren't strong enough to hold a partial and that most likely they would start breaking once I started wearing one and since implants won't be an option for 2 years or so due to backlog and multiple procedulres that have to happen beforehand. He went ahead and took impressions for an immediate full denture for the top and a partial for the bottom. All of this while I was still crying..ugh..
Well they scheduled it for next month and I'm getting a second opinion tomorrow but I have a feeling they will say the same thing especially since I've already chipped a side tooth since the extractions last week.
This last 24 hrs has been a roller coaster. I'm embarrassed about dentures and terrified of going back for the 8 extractions but mostly I'm scared that I won't look like myself. That the dentuRes will change what I look like or that people will notice them...I'm also afraid this will hurt my marriage in the bedroom..my husband has been amazing and says he will love me however and I'll always be beautiful but I can't imagine a mouthful of gums is gonna be sexy....We've only been married a few years and things are already rough...I'm just freaked out.....
So...after all that, is there anyway pictures could be posted of anyone with
AND without dentures...and also if anyone has pictures of the themselves before extractions when they still had their own teeth. Im sorry if this sounds vain or superficial but I just can't get over it. To add to my fear of the dentist I'm now petrified of not looking myself anymore
Any help is truly appreciated. ~Bree
Hi all, found this site recently and am so thankful because it makes my dental phobia not make me feel dumb. I tried searching with no luck so thought I would request input. A little history:
I'm a 25yo wife and mom of two from the US. Bad teeth are Hereditary in my family plus I grew up on well water with zero flouride until I was 18. Add that to avoiding the dentist except in extreme pain(leading to extractions) from then until now, well, my teeth were rough.
In the past 3 years I have had 4 molars pulled one at a time and I the rest of my molars had decay down into the roots. Soooooooo....
A couple of weeks ago I found out I am eligible for FREE complete dental care because I am a disabled veteran. I called and made an appt just for a consult. they told me that all my back teeth needed to go and I have two tiny cavities that need work on my front teeth.i resisted the urge to panic because I've been knowing this would need to be done because of pain and infection. I was going to have to wait 6 months for sedation due to backlog patients but they had a cancelation for no sedation the next morning so I bit the bullet and loaded up on anti-anxiety meds that morning and barely remember anything thankfully. Got home, and healed nicely. Yesterday I went for a 1 week follow up and saw my "real" dentist who threw me a curve ball
He told me that due to decay on my front top teeth that I needed to have them all extracted. I honestly thought he was kidding..my front teeth are straight from braces as a kid and white and I like them...never in my mind did I think they would want to pull them all...IM 25! I immediately lost it..sobbed and boohooed and then into a full panic attack. The reason he gave was that my front teeth aren't strong enough to hold a partial and that most likely they would start breaking once I started wearing one and since implants won't be an option for 2 years or so due to backlog and multiple procedulres that have to happen beforehand. He went ahead and took impressions for an immediate full denture for the top and a partial for the bottom. All of this while I was still crying..ugh..
Well they scheduled it for next month and I'm getting a second opinion tomorrow but I have a feeling they will say the same thing especially since I've already chipped a side tooth since the extractions last week.
This last 24 hrs has been a roller coaster. I'm embarrassed about dentures and terrified of going back for the 8 extractions but mostly I'm scared that I won't look like myself. That the dentuRes will change what I look like or that people will notice them...I'm also afraid this will hurt my marriage in the bedroom..my husband has been amazing and says he will love me however and I'll always be beautiful but I can't imagine a mouthful of gums is gonna be sexy....We've only been married a few years and things are already rough...I'm just freaked out.....
So...after all that, is there anyway pictures could be posted of anyone with
AND without dentures...and also if anyone has pictures of the themselves before extractions when they still had their own teeth. Im sorry if this sounds vain or superficial but I just can't get over it. To add to my fear of the dentist I'm now petrified of not looking myself anymore

Any help is truly appreciated. ~Bree
