• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Root Canal Nightmare!!

A

abfaboy2000

Yesterday, the scariest thing happen to me....

As many of you might know, last month I went to the dentist for the first time in 5 years to get a partial root canal done. It went pretty well but I knew I had to go back and get it finished but I put it off. Well, yesterday I was eating a Jimmy Johns subway and I took a big bite from the sandwich and when I was chewing I felt something hard in my mouth! Yes, it was my tooth! I was horrified. It was the same tooth that had the partial root canal done. I was at work and left right away with out saying anything to anyone. I was so upset that I was now missing a tooth in my mouth. I went to the dentist fearing that they would not be able to do anything about it, however they were still able to save it. They finished my root canal (which was really a piece of cake) and put a post in and put a temp tooth in till I get a crown.
I was so relaxed after a few minutes in the chair that I really think my fear is gone. I am looking forward to my next visit and start getting a lot of work done.
Trust me, If I can do it then I know anyone can do it, cause I was terrified!!!

It has been my experience that the fear of a traumatic tooth injury, like losing or breaking a tooth, is somehow greater than the fear of going to the dentist to get it fixed. It was a broken tooth that rushed me into the dentist emergently after a 10 year stint of avoidance. I too relaxed after I got into the chair. Bravo to you for going and being able to relax!

Back