• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Scared, Ashamed - upper dentures

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gerri
  • Start date Start date
G

Gerri

Junior member
Joined
Dec 11, 2015
Messages
2
Location
BC, Canada
I'm due to have my 11 remaining top teeth extracted on February 1st. I'm scared to death and ashamed that I even need to entertain the thought of dentures at 43.

I just feel kinda sick about the whole thing.:shame:
 
I know what you mean. Just had my third tooth removed and waiting for abcess to heal before I can have bridge fitted. Feel very self conscious at the moment, embarassed to smile. Can't even bring myself to kiss my husband properly. Felt the same after my second tooth was removed and that was when I was 29. Does and has got easier and I'm sure this time will. Just know that you're doing the right thing for your own health and well being. Make sure your dentist is fully aware of how you're feeling and how nervous you are. They do understand. I cried buckets when my dentist told me and she was very patient and understanding. Good luck
 
I just had my last remaining 11 teeth extracted Jan. 4th. There were 5 on top 6 on bottom. I tookValium an hour before my appointment . I had nitrous gas and novacaine. I did not feel ANY pain at all.Please don't feel ashamed about having to get dentures. I brushed and flossed. But my teeth all broke down anyway. It will be okay.
 
Thank you for the support ❤
My auntie who's 74 and had full dentures "forever" tells me I'll be ok and I'll have a beautiful smile, etc, etc.

I too , brushed and flossed. If have so much gold in my mouth from caps and crowns my dentist told me not to smile if I ever went to Mexico! But those crowns are 25 years old now and the rest of my teeth (uppers) anyway are loose, painful and become infected. I know I have to do this but I'm still depressed about it.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top