M
MissH
Junior member
- Joined
- Aug 27, 2013
- Messages
- 3
- Location
- Newbury, England
Hi Everyone,
I'm 25 and have neglected my teeth ever since my mum stopped accompanying me to the bathroom. I do brush them twice daily etc however I think there's already too much damage.
I am missing 3 teeth, have cracks in at least 5 and I'm also in absolute agony with an abscess.
Due to the abscess and my increasing loss of confidence (i cover my mouth constantly) I am now on the verge of going and getting them sorted once and for all.
My biggest 3 fears are:
Tartar - I have an unbelievable amount of tartar on my lower teeth. The teeth themselves look ok however are coated in it (sorry this is gross). Has anyone had similar and details of how it was removed? Did the teeth just fall out after?
TMJ - I self diagnosed myself with this two years ago, my jaw seems to have settled in a new place.
Dentist! - I'm not going to lie, they scare me. I was called unattractive by one at 11 due to not wanting braces and then after joining an NHS dentist was told 'id never have agreed to see you if I knew they were like this'. The charting also upsets me, hearing about all my teeth listed one by one.
Any advice will be gratefully received.
H xx
I'm 25 and have neglected my teeth ever since my mum stopped accompanying me to the bathroom. I do brush them twice daily etc however I think there's already too much damage.
I am missing 3 teeth, have cracks in at least 5 and I'm also in absolute agony with an abscess.
Due to the abscess and my increasing loss of confidence (i cover my mouth constantly) I am now on the verge of going and getting them sorted once and for all.
My biggest 3 fears are:
Tartar - I have an unbelievable amount of tartar on my lower teeth. The teeth themselves look ok however are coated in it (sorry this is gross). Has anyone had similar and details of how it was removed? Did the teeth just fall out after?
TMJ - I self diagnosed myself with this two years ago, my jaw seems to have settled in a new place.
Dentist! - I'm not going to lie, they scare me. I was called unattractive by one at 11 due to not wanting braces and then after joining an NHS dentist was told 'id never have agreed to see you if I knew they were like this'. The charting also upsets me, hearing about all my teeth listed one by one.
Any advice will be gratefully received.
H xx


