• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Scared! Panic attacks and anxiety

A

anitalatz

Hi there, obviously as anyone reading this has guessed that I have an extreme fear of dentists.

I'm turning to this forum because as of the last couple days I've had a toothache and because we've had holidays here for the last 4 days nothing has been open. It hasn't been a horrible pain, dull, but now after not having been to the dentist for a really long time I'm faced with having to go. Ever since the pain started its all I can think about. I can't get the image and experience out of my head. I honeslty don't know how I'll get through this. I start imagining the worst, and I start searching online anything dentist related. And I think I"m making myself even more crazy.

Obviously anyone without a fear of the dentist doesn't understand it, as my bf, he has no fear. He had an extraction done a few weeks ago and didn't even flinch. But I'm freaking out. I'm trying to find a dentist who will sedate me, as that is the only way I think I can get through this.

I don't know how to get all out of it out of my head! I'm shaking, I can't eat, I feel like I'm in a mild depression.

Hi
I know exactly how you feel I recently cracked a tooth and went as far as going toa doctors to see if they could take care of it instead of going to a dentist. The doctor obviously referred me to a dentist and I was pretty muchforced to make an appointment scheduled for two days later. I was an emotional wreck. I had not been to a dentist in 6 years and I spent three nights having anxiety atmuch relief. What helped me was.distraction I constantly had to be doing something that required my full attention. I also called mom a lot. The first step is to set up an appointment.
Best of luck.
:clover: ;D :clover:

Back