• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Second appointment five weeks suffer with hiatus hernia

T

Trevster

Haven’t been to the dentist for 20 yrs had a bad fall managed to snap one of my front teeth clean off and pushed more out of place went for emergency check up yesterday dentist told me I had to have a dentures fitted panic sets in hiatus hernia doing summersaults came home went on the internet worst thing I could have done I am on disability benefits and I really don’t want NHS dentures now I am terrified they will look awful can only afford a small monthly amount for private dentures also suffer with nerve damage can anyone please give me some advice on what I can do absolutely terrified can’t eat or sleep thanks for your time sorry this is a bit long winded

Hi Trevster,

sorry to read about your fall and that you can't eat or sleep now. I can see why you worry, but maybe the best thing to do would be to wait what happens and how the denture looks like? If your worries come true, you can look for solutions. There are surely some not so good stories with NHS dentures but I am sure there are a lot of patients happy with them as well. It always depends on what you google. When is your next appointment?

All the best wishes

Back