The first time the oral sedation worked so well. That's why I was so disappointed it didn't work the 2nd time. HOWEVER, this time, I did not take my usual medications in the morning thinking it would make the sedation work better. Then I found out that if you're super anxious like I am, your adrenaline starts pumping and your heart beats faster. Adrenaline counteracts the effects of sedation. Then I read that beta blockers will slow down your heart rate and counteract against the adrenaline. Wouldn't you know that I take beta blockers for my blood pressure! So this coming Monday (my last sedation appt.) I am taking my meds like I should. I should also say that the sedation did work AFTER I left the dentist's office. My husband said I was doing some very strange things when I got home. Thankfully, he doesn't hold it against me.
I am sure your appt. will go fine. I think taking the pills is better than the liquid, but liquid is all my dentist uses. Other people have told me their experience with oral sedation was so good. I also keep repeating to myself, "The sedation will work". "I will feel no pain". "I will not get sick". I repeated it over and over for my first appt., then got cocky for my 2nd appt. and look how that turned out, so now I'm back to repeating it. Good luck on Friday! Let me know how it went. My first appointment I had 2 very deep fillings and didn't feel a thing!