• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Sensitivity when bite down after root canal. Worried, please answer

R

Roy88

I have a root canal 3 week ago but because the doctor didnt say that I should avoid eating on that tooth. I kept bite on it till it got very sore and painful. When i recognized it, I stopped eating on it for few days and the pain stopped. However, Since then I developed a sensitivity every time I bite down on that tooth or even brushing or touching it. I am very worried. Is it a sign of fracture tooth or ligament inflammation? My tooth already under the crown and I eat mostly soft solid food. Not hard thing like nuts or ice. thank you very much

I would get a second opinion from an endodontist, maybe the canals were not cleaned well enough, or don't reach down far enough, (or too far)

I really recommend you get that checked out. That happened to me too and my dentist claimed it was normal, a few months later I had an infection under it, worse than before. I don't want to scare you or anything but better safe than sorry!

You might want to get your dentist to check the tooth. It might be something simple like your bite being off from a crown being slightly too high or a filling that is too high.

Back