• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Severely decayed wisdom

N

Natalie.emery

I have major dental anxiety and put off a lot of work and now paying he price ! I have two teeth that need extraction been referred to oral surgeon but have to wait unil august 13th. My upper wisdom tooth has a massive hole in I’m in so much pain, on antibiotics currently day 4. The pain is now intermittent but shoots along my jar. I don’t no how I’m going to get through the next 4 weeks,, I’m also scared of the extraction I’m having it under local can i drive after ? Are upper wisdom teeth easier than lower to remove? Will my jaw get broken so scared of that to .. any experiences or helpful words ?? Thanks

Hi Natalie,

sorry to read you are so much in pain, I couldn‘t imagine making it through 4 weeks like this.. could you give them a call and ask to be seen earlier?
As for the extraction, try not to worry much. I had all 4 wisdoms out at once with just a local and it was very quick and easy. So I am sure your one will be quick and easy. Uppers are easier to remove so that‘s good news too.
I wouldn‘t recommend you to drive (stress and the feeling after the local could make it harder for you to concentrate).

Back