• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Sharp pain left side coming and going!

A

A196x

Just tonight I have noticed this sharp shooting pain in the left side came on suddenly unsure if it’s the teeth or jaw! I did have these sweets that were very chewy. The pain is horrible, I’d say it gets worse when opening the mouth but seems to be coming on suddenly then going away then coming back.
Earlier it felt like my gum was stinging a little at the bottom of the teeth, but that sounds silly. My tooth teeth have been bleeding when brushing lately and I brush daily with Fluoride
Concerned with this sharp dullish pain? What could it be, should it disappear as never had this before!

Came on suddenly, lying down. Chewy sweets earlier/ fizzy juice but never triggered issue before
Feeling pain in left side face too?

Attachments

• A1AAB600-37EE-4E0A-BF3C-87ECF4273815.jpeg
    A1AAB600-37EE-4E0A-BF3C-87ECF4273815.jpeg
    789.6 KB · Views: 16
It's not possible to diagnose over the internet, if it's still as bad, dial 101 and get an urgent appointment to have it looked at.

It's not possible to diagnose over the internet, if it's still as bad, dial 101 and get an urgent appointment to have it looked at.
Totally understand, this was my option first to try and get an indicator of what it could be. Dental is also reopening soon here so had hoped to wait it out

Hi,

If it is the jaw, you should be able to trigger some pain by palpating the chewing muscles and/or the joint.
indo see signs of teeth grinding so that is not a far fetched possibility.

I had been drinking water and noticed a not so nice sensation afterwards, and still feel like the area might be becoming worse and unsure if it will be the same with eating! What could this pain be? I also notice black stuff on teeth?
Does tongue look ok too?
Hoping dentists in Scotland are back next month but haven't seen any other updates

Attachments

• 122982728_270061907718945_6489466201085789745_n.jpg
    122982728_270061907718945_6489466201085789745_n.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 7
You could try a sensitive toothpaste as that might help with the sensitivity.

Dentists are open for exams, you can get looked at anytime now. They just can't do anything that releases an aerosol, but diagnosing this is completely possible.

Back